Whether you live alone, with your pets, or with your family, you will likely see hair everywhere in your house. So much so that you would often wonder how they got there.
There are many reasons why we experience hair fall. For one, it is a normal part of aging. Second, we are not using the right kind of comb for our hair. Third, we have a medical condition that causes shedding.
Hence, we must have some cleaning tricks up our sleeves to manage this falling hair. When using the broom and vacuum is not enough to pick fallen hair all over the house, here are five other cleaning tips that you can follow:
Buy a Robot Vacuum
This can be one of your most worthwhile investments when it comes to home cleaning.
For one, it reduces the time you need to spend sweeping the floor. That’s because a robot vacuum can collect fallen hair, pet dander, and dust. This means that you do not always have to worry about fallen hair accumulating on the floor.
If you have a pet, though, make sure that they are potty trained. That’s because you would not want to make a different kind of mess in case your pet leaves something other than fur shedding.
Lay a Towel Down
If you notice that you often have hair fall when styling your hair, we suggest laying a towel down your feet. This trick can help collect hair fall, making cleaning more manageable.
What you can do is chuck the towel away to the bin once you are done. Another option is to shake off the hair in the bin. That way, you only have less fallen hair to sweep off the floor.
Meanwhile, you can opt to wet the sink a bit before shaving your facial hair. Doing so makes it easy to collect your trimmed hair and throw them away once you are done.
Use Rubber Gloves
If you cannot be bothered using your bare hands in collecting fallen hair, we recommend using rubber gloves. Using rubber gloves to clean fallen hair is also something we advise our clients at Cleaning Exec House Cleaning NYC.
Try to rub your gloved hands on surfaces and fabrics that you know are likely to collect hair. An excellent example would be your pillows. However, we suggest using one set of rubber gloves per room. This is to prevent spreading disease-causing bacteria from one room to another.
An ideal alternative for rubber gloves would be a rubber broom. You can use this on carpets and other hard-to-reach places like under the couch.
Buy a Tub Mushroom
Other than your bedroom, you are likely to collect fallen hair in the bathroom. It is either in your drain or sticking on the bathroom wall.
That said, it would be ideal a tub mushroom. You can stick it to your drains and let it collect fallen hair without clogging your spillway.
After taking a shower, make sure to pour water on the bathroom to remove hairs sticking on it. Let it flow to your drainage before picking up your tub mushroom as instructed.
This makes collecting fallen hair in the bathroom easy as a breeze.
Learn Home Remedies for Healthy Hair
Of course, the best way to manage cleaning fallen hair at home is to have healthy hair. Fortunately, you do not have to shell out a fortune for that, as the ingredients for healthy hair can be found in the kitchen:
- Apple Cider Vinegar. It helps maintain the proper pH level in your scalp, promoting hair growth.
- Avocado. It is filled with good fat that helps moisturize your hair. It is also rich in vitamins A, B, and E that can help repair dry hair and split ends.
- Banana. It is rich in silica that keeps hair smooth and shiny.
- Beer. The protein in the barley or malt can help repair damaged hair cuticles. It can also make the hair look thicker.
- Eggs. It is high in protein that helps repair brittle hair strands and strengthen the roots.
- Gelatin. It is an excellent moisturizer that coats each hair strand to make it look thick.
- Mayonnaise. It is composed of egg, oil, and vinegar that aids in hair repair and rapid growth. It is also moisturizing and helps maintain the proper pH level for your scalp to keep bacteria and fungus at bay.
- Olive Oil. It acts as a moisturizer and humectant that attracts moisture to the scalp and hair strands. It also has essential nutrients that nourish the scalp and follicles to produce healthier hair.
- Onion. It is rich in sulfur that promotes hair growth.
Over to You
Whether the hair is yours or your pet’s, shedding happens. We also cannot deny that it is a challenge to clean fallen hair if it is everywhere in your home.
Luckily, there are a handful of things you can do to manage hair fall.
You can start by ensuring that you have healthy hair. Next is to follow the tips listed above to make your house as hair-free as possible.